Sunday, January 13, 2013

Tarot Day 2

A later start than yesterday, but it usually is when I spend my Saturday evening with my guy. Not an extremely exciting evening, but nice. We had a good dinner, caught up, and then hung out with a couple friends. 

Of course I just about forgot that I'm supposed to have dinner with the family today. I remembered a little after 10 this morning. Bounced out of the bed, threw on some clothes, smooched my man, and bee-lined out the door. Made it home in record time too. Shhhh!

My four-legged babies were so happy to see me. They always are when I've been gone- even though they spent last night with grandma. They had lots to tell me and I got a bunch of smiles, wags and kisses. I walked my babies and took my time getting cleaned up.

So there I am all fresh and ready to tackle a new day and I remember I have homework to do. 

I begin to shuffle my cards and my mind is wandering. My mind is always wandering. Do get that incessant mind chatter? Oh sometimes mine just drives me up a wall! I'm thinking, "Jeez I hope I don't pull that Ego card again." Then I'm thinking about work and little ticked a gal hasn't gotten back with me yet. I then realize what I'm doing. I have shut my guides out for so long and I think "Well if I can shut my guides up surely I can shut off the mind chatter too."

I give it a shot. I tell myself to stop with the useless chatter, that this is not the time for it. This is "my time" for "ME" and that I don't want to be bombarded with work or anything negative. I want to focus and spend time with my guide and receive their message. Instantly the mind chatter stops and I feel this warmth envelop me. Like a hug.   :) 

I continue to shuffle the cards, finally stopping. I fan the cards out and pull ----
TA-DAH! The Ego card again! Are you kidding me?!

Oh yeah if you're just coming into this blog, we're using Doreen Virtue's Angel Tarot Cards for class. So the Ego card in Doreen's deck is the same as the Devil card in traditional decks.

Anyway so on with it... 
I'm ticked! This is the third day in a row that I've pulled the Ego card! I thought I came to the understanding I was suppose to yesterday. I know I have a family thing today and I have a tendency (putting it mildly) to hide who I am from my family, but I'm not there yet. I lay the cards down and walk away grumbling for a minute or two. 

Then it kind of hits me...
You know there's a lot of imagery in the Ego card and yesterday my message came from the mask the man in the card is wearing. Well what if there's a different part of the card that wants to jump out at me today and I didn't take the time to notice that message. 

I go back and look at the Ego card again. The message is different today! The Archangel Jophiel is depicted in this card. What stands out about this angel is her wings how they are coming in towards the man as if she is embracing him. And then there are these rings of energy that seems to be coming from her heart that form a circle around the man. To me it feel like she is emanating rays of love to this person, wrapping him in love. 

I feel this is a message from my guide telling me that I am on the right path and even though it may be scary to not worry they are with me. That they love me and will watch over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment